Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I think I may have it

Next week Wednesday I am going to an open house at a local college. I am going to inquire about their dental assistant program. Yeah, I am shocked that I was able to narrow it down to a field of study too. The more I think of this the more excited and nervous I am getting. If I do go back to school this is going to be such a HUGE change for me. Going back to school after all these years is kind of a scary idea. I'll be the weird old lady in the class. In a way I think that my age is my biggest fear when it comes to going back. I'll be 13-14 years older than most of the "freshman". I mean I could be old enough to be one of their mothers. (Hey some kids have babies at age 14 right?)

I hope that I am doing the right thing. With the state of the economy right now I really have no other choice except to re-enter the work force. Plus it will help take some of the burden off of my husband. I really don't want to go back into reception work or retail, even if my one retail management job was my favorite job to date. And in this field I can find a job anywhere I may move to. I mean I don't see there not being a job opening in this field ever. As long as people have teeth they will need to go see a dentist right? I have to look at the cost of the schooling as an investment. If only it were that easy for me to do so.

No comments: