Friday, February 5, 2010

Spelling Bee

Tonight my oldest daughter was chosen to be one of the representives from her class for her school's Spelling Bee. I must cry FOUL! over it too. Her team took 2nd Place but should of at least tied for first. There might of been a spell off who knows. Anyways my complaint. They had to write the word on a white board instead of verbally spelling it out. The word was pledge as in the Pledge of Allegiance. They consider that a proper noun so the "p" had to be capitalized. Which it was and the judges decided, I don't know how, that Madeline's team p was not. It was clear to the audience it was, you could hear the mumbles of discontent in the crowd. One other team had the capital letter too but they spelled the word wrong. My other cry of bullshit! arose when they gave what turned out to be the winning team credit for a misspelled word. Sorry last time I checked there was not an "i" in the word package. A few other parents gathered afterwards and we complained amongst ourselves.

Photobucket

No comments: