1. Candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for at least 3
hours prior to burning.
2. A sealed envelope - Put in the freezer for a few hours, then slide a
Knife under the flap. The envelope can then be resealed.
3. Use Empty toilet paper roll to store appliance cords. It keeps them
neat and you can write on the roll what appliance it belongs to.
4. For icy door steps in freezing temperatures: get warm water and put
Dawn dish washing liquid in it. Pour it all over the steps. They won't
5. To remove old wax from a glass candle holder, put it in the freezer for
a few hours. Then take the candle holder out and turn it upside down. The
wax will fall out.
6. Crayon marks on walls? This worked wonderfully! A damp rag, dipped
in baking soda. Comes off with little elbow grease.
7. Permanent marker on appliances/counter tops rubbing alcohol on paper towel.
8. Use vertical strokes when washing windows outside and horizontal
For inside windows. This way you can tell which side has the streaks.
Straight vinegar will get outside windows really clean. Don't wash windows
On a sunny day. They will dry too quickly and will probably
9. To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag and add the
flowers. Shake vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt
and leave your artificial flowers looking like new! Works like a charm!
10. Spray your TUPPERWARE with nonstick cooking spray before pouring
in tomato based sauces and there won't be any stains.
11. Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will
keep for weeks.
12. Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half, and rub it on your
forehead. The throbbing will go away.
13. To get rid of itch from mosquito bites, try applying soap on the area
and you will experience instant relief.
and a few more...
When you get a splinter, reach for the scotch tape before resorting to
tweezers or a needle. Simply put the scotch tape over the splinter, and
then pull it off. Scotch tape removes most splinters painlessly and easily.
Use air-freshener to clean mirrors. It does a good job and better still,
leaves a lovely smell to the shine.
Don't throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for future
use in casseroles and sauces.
When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the
corn's' natural sweetness
To easily remove burnt on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or
two of dish soap and enough water to cover bottom of pan, and bring to
a boil on stove top.
Spray a bit of perfume on the light bulb in any room to create a lovely
light scent in each room when the light is turned on.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants