Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #14


Thirteen Song Titles That Feature Women's Names


1. Janine by David Bowie
2. Madeline by Hansen
3. Pictures of Lily by The Who
4. Valerie by the Monkees
5. Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds by the Beatles
6. Rosanna by Toto
7. Carrie by Europe
8. Layla by Derek and the Dominoes
9. Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
10. Bette Davis Eyes by Kin Carnes
11. Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners
12. Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls
13. Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellancamp




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!






9 comments:

Bethanne said...

REally great idea.
Hmm, i should know at least one of these. Oh, Amanda. :D

Becki said...

I always thought of the Goo Goo Dolls song as a flower...
And now I've got Jack and Diane stuck in my head. Hahahaha

Kaige said...

Great list, Neen! I've been hearing a couple on the radio: Hey there Delilah and 27 Jennifers (that one always cracks me up)...can't forget Roxanne either!

Happy TT!

KW said...

Cool list of songs! I haven't heard many of them in years! Mine is up at
http://katskrackerbox.wordpress.com

Cindy Swanson said...

This is a great idea for a TT!

Not long ago, I even found a song called "Cindy"--my name. (There's a really old one that Eddie fisher sang in the 50s, but this one's more current.)

Here's a link to an animated video of "Cindy" by Tammany Hall:

http://www.glassrecords.com/downloads/499.php


http://www.glassrecords.com/downloads/499.php

Natalie said...

Number 9 is going to be stuck in my head now. LOL! They play it at Red Sox home games during the eighth (I think) inning. :)

escape said...

wow! here in the Philippines, we have
"Anna" - APO
"Aida, Lorna and Fe"

I also like Beatle's "Michelle"

nice list.

LAC said...

Check out my 1000th post!
There's a giveaway and some linky love to share my favorite blogs!

Jennifer said...

Very cool list... and what a great idea for TT. I made a list of things I wanted to do for TT's and posted it as one of my actual TT but haven't really followed it much... and am alreayd bored with it... lol but I have to get on board, I've been really slacking on my WW and TT... just a lil' lazy and also my memory has been failing me miserably!! :( Oh well. but this is really cool.:)

xoxox's Jenn