Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hard work really pays off.

Been real busy past few days, laying a new floor, ripping apart our basement, we had new glass block windows installed yesterday. I found a paint color that I love for the living room and hallway. Soon we will be buying french doors for Madeline's bedroom and closing up the remaining gap. Expanding a closet (YES!!) Laying the floor in the living room. Each week my home is getting closer to what I want it to be. It is so great to finally getting the inside work done.

Anyways this past Sunday my aunt held a baby shower for her son and his wife. I told her that I'd make a desert for it and came up with this idea.



Yes they are cup cakes. Well what do you think? I think they are adorable. I was thrilled with how thay came out. Cake decorating is new to me, and this was my first real, "job". Took me all day to do. Everyone oohed and ahhed over them at the shower, but harldly anyone ate them. That kind of pissed me off after slaving over them all day. "They are too cute to eat", "I have to show them to my husband/ daughter" etc.. were the reasons I heard and heard again. Indeed they did take them home. I arrived early to give them to the banquest manager and she wents nuts over them and told me later how all the staff loved them. That made me feel real good. Even more so than my family's praise.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so cute. I would have eaten it.

Minnesota Hotdish said...

I would of told them to take a picture. :) WTG on your interior decorating. Are you coming to help me strip wallpaper?