Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Helped out in class today

I volunteered in Lillian's classroom today and had a blast! I even have three new boyfriends now. This one little boy just kept wanting to hug me he had to give me at least a dozen hugs in class today. Anther one asked if he could hold my hand as we walked out of the building when school was over. Good thing Lilly didn't get jealous. Speaking of her, one of the things I was asked to do was glue little pictures they drew about what I do in the day time and what I do in the night time, to a larger piece of paper maybe 11 x 14 in size.
I so cannot wait to tell Ed what she wrote.

In the day time I go to 7-Eleven and Tops with my daddy in his Cavalier

She drew a picture of her and him in the car. It was so sweet. When Ed works second shift in the mornings he'll take her to 7-Eleven to get a paper and coffee and some days he will go to Tops, (a local grocery store) to get a bite to eat for lunch and sometimes his dinner for the day.

Some of the things the other kids wrote laugh made me laugh. I am sure that their parents will get a giggle out of it too.

Her class also does this adorable song and dance called Tooty Ta. Lilly has been doing it all week so when the class did it today at the end of the day I joined in. Her teacher and the TA started laughing as I did the dance too. I think the TA nabbed a quick photo of me, I swear a seen a flash. As we were leaving her teacher told me she thought it was great that I did the dance with them like that. She remembered me voluntering when Madeline was in her class. I always felt guilty that I couldn't help out more when she was little, I have Lilly at home and she was a baby. Hopefully I will be able to help out a lot more this time around.

2 comments:

Minnesota Hotdish said...

I think you were meant to do more of this kind of thing Neen. I'm glad you had such a good time. Wonders where that photo and vid is of you doing the Tooty Ta? ;)

Penny Ryder said...

It's great to read about your visit to your daughter's class. Good on you for taking the time to help out. I am a teacher and I always appreciate the help of a parent - whenever they get the chance.
I've just started a podcast at www.link4learning.blogspot.com. It's early days, so maybe wait til there are a few more up!