Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Première...Demi-Plie

Today Madeline had her first ballet lesson, she was so thrilled that she is now old enough to take it at the dance studio she goes too. The owner starts them at age 7, she thinks that the younger kids would not do so well with all the time spent on the bar. I totally agree with her, I don't think there is any way that Lillian would or could stand it at 4.

So after class she come bouncing up the staris does an arabesque and tells me that I need to turn our basement into a ballet studio complete with bar and the wall of mirrors."Please mommy, please mommy, PLEASE!!" I think she likes it. There are 2 other girls in her class, Miss Theresa her teacher told me that hip-hop class has stolen a lot of the girls away from ballet. I am so not ready to see my baby girl up on stage poppin' and lockin' and moving in ways waaaaaaaaaaaay to old for her yet.

No comments: