Thursday, June 5, 2008

My poor baby

On Tuesday afternoon Madeline started acting up a bit. I chalked it up to her sister's birthday and her getting presents from people. She wasn't happy on Sunday, her sisters real birthday, and Yuesday we meet up with my aunt to take Lillian to get a bite to eat and then to The Rat's Place (Chuck E Cheeses) to play. Lillian of course got a gift and Madeline was whining that she didn't get any, its not fair and so on. She fell asleep on the car ride home about 6:30ish, so not like her at all. When we got home a little bit past 7 she went to bed. A couple hours later she woke up crying that her head hurt. I felt her forehead and she felt hot! I took her temp and it was 102.5, I gave her tyleol and she said that she wanted some of my chicken soup. So I told my husband that I am running to the store and picked up the stuff to make it for her. I come home to find her laying like a rag doll on the couch, just looking at her made my heart ache. Any mom knows that heart breaking look in the eyes when their baby is sick. So at 11 or so I called the nurses line at her school and told them that she wouldn't be in school Wednesday that she is running a fever.

Yesterday she was just blah all day and the temp would come back just as soon as the tylenol wore off. So I kept her home again this morning. I also made a doctor's appointment for her we were able to get an appointment for an hour after I called so after a quick hussle this moring shows all around and all off we went. Turns out thst she has strep throat. I thought it was weird since she never said that her throat hurt. But now we got her on antibotics so hopefully she will be felling better soon. I hope, I so hate seeing her like this.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

awww. poor baby girl. that sucks. i hate when kids are sick you feel so helpless and bad that they aren't feeling 100%.

i hope that she is up and about and feeling GREAT soon!! :)

having a fever and not feeling well in this heat has got to be the worst!! :(

my thoughts are with you guys!!

lots of HUGS!!!