1. There are 18 different animal shapes in the Animal Crackers cookie zoo
2. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card.
3. A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood.
4. No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half.
5. Pinocchio is Italian for "pine eye".
6. The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches.
7. The sloth moves so slowly that green algae can grow undisturbed on its fur.
8. Cat urine glows under a black-light.
9. Windmills always turn counter-clockwise. Except for the windmills in Ireland.
10. A quarter has 119 grooves on its edge.
11. One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television. (I have been on several times, what about you? Let us know in the comment section)
12. Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
13. The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses every letter of the alphabet.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants