Thursday, November 22, 2007

What a day.

Oy vey... where so I start. Perhaps with the 8 am phone call from my father in law saying that Thanksgiving dinner is canceled because my mother in law has the stomach flu. My husband was out on his morning coffee and paper run. So I call him to let him know and that if he wants turkey to stop off at the store and buy one. He groans, you can tell that he is not that happy and that he was at his mom's last night she should of told him then. I reiterated that she woke up sick. Not like she knew last night, he said "yeah you're right, fine." okay so he comes home with a turkey and tells me "oh by the way I called Dave, (his brother) and invited him over too." Okay I really didn't mind but he should of at least cleared it with me first. That would of been a simple curiosity.

Our house wasn't exactally the neatest this morning as I am still in the process of our Christmas decorating and had some boxes up here all over the living room floor. I had a crapload of laundry that I was sorting. Putting the warm weather stuff away swapping them out with the winter clothes. Putting the too small clothes into donation bags. Stuff I didn't mind having out knowing that no one was coming over. Ed was like "its only Dave". Still between prepping the meal, making the stuffing (which I had to go back to the store to get the stuff to make since I didn't have most the ingredients on hand that I needed on hand), the last thing I wanted to do was clean the room. The kids were climbing the walls, they were driving me nuts. At least Ed helped out some and peeled the potatoes, chopped some onion and celery for me. He helped clean up too so that was one less thing off my mind. But I still was in a frenzy and wound up over the events of earlier. Nothing like trying to put together a Thanksgiving meal in a couple hours.
I did it though, came out real good too. I guess that is all that matters in the end. I am just glad that today is just about over.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: