Thursday, November 8, 2007

Why am I such a push over when it comes to the kids?

Here I am feeling like crap and I totally forgot that tonight was Reading Night at Mads school. It's an activity filled night and each child gets a nice book to take home. I told her that I wasn't feeling that good that I had a head ache and my tummy hurt and she looked so sad. Begged me to go. Ed was being an ass and said that he didn't want to take her. I mean I did sign up for this thing and the school did buy goodies for all four of us and only two of us ended up going. No way was I going to take Lillian too feeling like this. Luckily Ed said we'll get a pizza for dinner tonight so I won't have to cook since I look like hell.

I threw on some jeans and a decent top. I drug myself to the bathroom to put some make-up on, since like I said I look like hell. If you could only see the dark circles under my eyes, I swear that Bare Minerals make up is a miracle worker I will never use any other brand of make up again. I swear that I didn't look like death warmed over there. I am not one to ever say that I look good, usually when I look in the mirror I want to throw up at what I see. But even I have to admit that I don't see myself as so hideous when I wear this stuff.

It wasn't a bad night and it did go by fast. Mads made a cool beaded bookmark, a couple magnets for the fridge. Got a word search which she loves doing. I need to get her a couple books for her stocking this year. They also had a Chinese Auction to help raise funds for the new playground that they want to build I only had $3.00 on me so I bought $3.00 worth of tickets. Well I won three baskets. I got some looks from some of the parents there but hey I paid my money, I didn't draw the numbers. I got a basket full of mini purses some are real cute and I'd consider using them if I went out for a night on the town but I will probably just give them to the girls to use for dress up play. A porcelain doll, which I will give to my mother in law since she collects dolls, that will most likely be to Grandma from the girls kind of thing since they adore her doll room. The last item I just knew I'd win because I didn't want it at all and I put my last ticket in there just because. It is a pink New York Yankees lunch box. I hate the Yankees. There was also a Barbie paint by number set in the package that I didn't see until we got home so Mads is thrilled with that. She asked if she could use her new lunch box tomorrow. Tomorrow is also a half day and of course no school on Monday so it will be a very long weekend here.

1 comment:

Minnesota Hotdish said...

Because you are a good mom. : )